Limited Time Bonus!
Contiguous United States: Free Shipping
International orders of more than $150 in products,
Receive a $15 discount to help offset the cost of shipping!
Benefits of Barley Grass Juice Powder
With 4 times the calcium of milk, 22 times the iron in spinach, and as much protein per ounce as a steak, barley juice is a true super food.
Used by nutritionist across the globe, doctors and alternative health care practitioners are prescribing barley grass for just about anything that ails you.
The reason: it helps with just about everything.
- Weight Loss
- Increased Energy
- Sleep Improvement
- Improved Immune Response
The health benefits of barley grass juice include the following:
Barley grass is loaded with every essential amino acid, over 12 minerals, and 13 different vitamins (including Vitamin K).
Plus, 23% of barley grass is digestible protein, which body builders love. And with 19 mg of chlorophyll per serving, barley grass is great for people living at high altitudes.
How To Take Barley Juice Powder?
Mix the barley juice powder in juice, shake well, and consume immediately. Apple juice and orange juice are popular choices. You can also put it in a smoothie. Suggested use: Start with 1 teaspoon once a day. Gradually worked up for 3 teaspoons twice a day (after 4 - 8 weeks).
What does barley powder taste like?
It tastes green. The longer you take it, the better it will taste. This is because your body is becoming more alkaline, which means you are getting healthier.
How do I know if I'm taking too much?
If you are taking too much, your stools will turn green. This isn't harmful; it just means that your body can't digest all the green barley you are giving it. You can try to take a smaller amount 2 or 3 times a day to help with digestion. As your body become healthier, you will be able to take more at a time.
The 5 Components to a Great Barley Powder
Not all barley powders are created equal.
To buy the best barley powder, look for one that is:
- Then freeze-dried
- Harvested Young
- 100% Pure Barley
Barley grass, like all grasses, has thick cell walls. Cows need four stomach compartments to digest these thick cell walls. Humans just have one. Thus, it's best for the barley grass to be juiced before it's turned into powder. This breaks down the cell walls and releases the nutrients for easy absorption.
An easy way to dry the barley juice is with heat. However, if the juice gets hotter than 107° F, the heat destroys the vitamins in the barley. Thus, if you take barley juice powder that's been heated up, you aren't going to get much benefit from it. Luckily, there is another method: cold-drying. This keeps the vitamins and enzymes active. When buying barley, look for a freeze-dried or cold-dried barley powder. If they don't list it's cold-dried, it probably isn't.
Why Harvested Young?
Young plants have a higher density of nutrients. When the barley is allowed to grow to 2 or 3 feet tall, the good nutrients are now spread across the whole 3 feet. That's why it's important to get a barley powder that is harvested when the barley is around 1 foot tall. This gives the barley powder more nutrients per gram.
Barley grass that's grown organically is farmed without synthetic fertilizers, herbicides, or pesticides.
Why Pure Barley?
Some companies add up to 30% brown rice to their barley powder. Brown rice is cheap and dilutes the nutrients in the barley powder. These companies add it to lower their cost but yet charge you the same amount as if it were pure barley. Save your money and order a pure barley supplement.
Why Is Alka Green Right For You?
Alka Green was developed in the 1990s by Dr M.T. Morter, Jr. because he couldn't find a barley grass powder that met the five criteria that make a great barley powder.
Thus, Dr. Morter's Alka Green Barley Powder is:
- 100% Pure Barley
- Harvested young (at 10 inches)
A well-known barley powder on the market today is Dr. Hagiwara's BarleyGreen.
Use this comparison of BarleyGreen with Alka Green to decide which barley you want to try.
| ||BarleyGreen ||Alka Green
100% Pure Barley
Diluted with brown rice (filler),
maltodextrin (food additive),
and magnesium stearate (lubricant)
100% Pure, Organic,
Barley Grass Juice Powder
Suggested Retail Price*
*Retail Prices current at time of publication. Subject to change.
Alka Green barley powder has an extra 3 oz plus, Alka Green is pure barley. No fillers. Just 100% high-nutrient barley grass.
Order Alka Green Today
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Try it for 45 days. If you don't love it, return the empty bottle for a FULL refund.
- Free Shipping in the contiguous United States
- Order 2 Jars & Save $10
Place Your Order Today
For Beginners: start with 1 teaspoon a day and over the next 6 - 8 weeks work your way up to 3 teaspoons twice a day.
For Advanced Users: 2-3 teaspoons twice a day
Note: If you're stools turn green, it means your body isn't able to digest all the Alka Green you are taking. Cut back the amount you are taking at once. You can also try taking smaller amounts 2 - 3 times a day. Over time as your body becomes more alkaline, you'll be able to take more at a time.
Get started with Alka Green today.
As a special bonus: when you order today you can save $10 when you order 2 jars, which is enough for 2 months worth of alkalizing smoothies. Plus, we guarantee you the lowest price. Order today from Morter Supplements. If you happen to see a lower price within 30 days, simply contact us and we will refund you the difference plus 10%. We want to give you the best customer service. In fact, we are rated by Stella Service with an Excellent Customer Service rating.
Alka Green is also available as barley grass tablets.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee -
More Barley Grass Benefits
- Naturally improves energy
- Rich in antioxidants
- Improves digestion & regularity
- Alkalizes the internal body
- Helps rebuild the immune system
- Provides raw building blocks for the hair, skin and nails
- Contains cleansing properties
- Anti-inflammatory ingredients
- Promotes clear thinking
- Plus, Anti-aging properties
Barley juice contains twenty amino acids including eight essential amino acids that the body cannot produce by itself.
- Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins and are thus necessary for building cells, repairing wounded tissues, and producing energy.
- Argine, contained in barley juice, is used in healing wounds, producing hormones, and normal immune functions.
- Ala nine, found in barley juice, is essential to promote healthy blood glucose from dietary protein.
- Valine, a branched-chain amino acid (BCAA), has been used in improving sleep.
- L-tyrosine has been used for appetite suppression and growth stimulation.
- For more information on amino acids, refer to
Enzymes are the spark plugs of the body. Barley juice contains a multitude of active enzymes.
- Act as a catalyst for many essential cellular reactions.
- Improve digestive.
- Provide antioxidant properties
The most well-known barley juice enzyme is superoxide dismutase (SOD). Many athletes take this well-known antioxidant to counteract the large amounts of free radicals they feel are produced by aerobic exercise.
The multitude of vitamins and minerals found in young barley plants truly make it a superfood.
Vitamins found in Young Barley Juice:
Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, E, & K
Minerals found in Young Barley Juice:
Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, Manganese, Zinc, Iodine, Copper, and Phosphorus
- Potassium – may help with muscle contractions and increased energy production (converts glucose into energy)
- Calcium – building block in bones and teeth; most effective in plant form; aids in digestion and metabolism; alkalizes the body
- Magnesium – essential anti-aging mineral; helps fight stress
- Iron – essential for hemoglobin production; removes carbon dioxide (an acid) from body; promotes a strong immune system
- Copper – necessary for collagen production
- Phosphorus – increases energy; repairs & rebuilds cells; promotes healthy kidney
- Manganese - aids in metabolism, healthy thyroid, and an active sex life
- Vitamin A (beta carotene & retinol) - immune system; vision; antioxidant
- Vitamin B-1 (thiamin) - beneficial for the brain; helps promote the heart’s healthy pumping powers
- Vitamin B-2 (riboflavin) – helps quicken metabolism, thus providing energy and weight loss properties
- Vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine) - aids in a healthy brain; helps with quick, rapid sleep
- Folic Acid – used in DNA synthesis and cellular replication; helps in the healing of wounds; builds muscle
- Pantothenic Acid - increases energy
- Zinc - promotes healthy immune system and enhances fertility in both genders
Barley juice powder helps restore the alkaline balance in the body. Human blood must remain slightly alkaline in order for red blood cells to carry their maximum oxygen load.
When the blood stream’s pH becomes more acidic (typically from a lack of green foods in one’s diet), the red blood cells cannot carry as much oxygen.
Since oxygen is the prime ingredient for turning food into useable energy., an acidic body is a tired body.
Furthermore, oxygen has been shown to fight unfriendly cell growth and harmful bacteria (Just think of everything that Hydrogen Peroxide is said to help with.)
So it stands to reason that anything that increases the blood’s oxygen levels might also have indirect effects on these issues.
Barley juice is loaded with alkalizing minerals including calcium, sodium, potassium, and magnesium.
- Chlorophyll (which barley grass contains) has been shown in the lab to inhibit unfriendly cell growth.
- Extracted barley juice compounds have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.
The juice of barley grass is the 21st century superfood, purported to be one of the only plants that provides every nutrient necessary for survival, including proteins, all 8 essential amino acids, highly alkalizing minerals, and a whole range of vitamins.
The point being – barley juice is the easy path to loading up on youth-enhancing, muscle-building, immune-strengthening ingredients. Just a few teaspoons mixed with juice or 10 – 20 easy-to-take tablets give your body the nutrients for a happy, healthy life.